Speed limiter removalCan speed limiters be removed on the remap?
Many times we are ask; Can speed limiters be removed on the remap? The answer is yes and no. It depends on many factors, such as:
- Type of limiter
- If it’s on the flash file or EEPROM (KTAG read may be needed)
- If it’s on the engine ecu or the body computer
- If it’s a physical fitment or a software limiter
- The ECU MODEL & Software number / version
- Most limiters need to be set / reset via a scan tool like MS908P rather than a remap tool. If you send in the KESS read and request it we can see if it’s possible.
- Laws against it in some counties or on HGV trucks